Quick update -- I am currently working at the hotel, the vet clinic and still going to school. I am still in the process of lowering my hours at the hotel. I'm basically going to school full time and have to part time jobs (31 hours at the hotel, 20 hours at the clinic, and 12 hours in school + 2 online classes)
When I'm home, I use it to sleep and study, lol!
Kind of boring but alas, my mind is fried, I just really wanted to get onto LJ and write, I feel like I've been neglecting it.
Under the cut is just a cute list I found :)
- You look at a cardboard box and recognize its coffin potential.
- When you go out to a club and the black light comes on, you check yourself and others for ringworm.
- You can eat lunch while cleaning up a Parvo blowout.
- You can keep your milkshake frozen in the freezer near all the "pupsicles".
- You take your kids temp and think 102°F is normal.
- After seeing what goes into the washing machine at work, your own laundry at home doesn't seem so dirty.
- Your work clothes look just like your pajamas.
- Every piece of clothing you own is covered in cat hair.
- You open your lunch container and find a spleen.
- You date guys who don't mind if you have "bits" in your hair.
- All of your pets are either 3-legged lame, blind in one eye or have a medical problem no vet has ever seen before.
- You've put your finger in every orifice of at least five different species.
- You can detect maggots at 100 paces just by the smell or you can smell "Parvo".
- You have friends that laugh at your impressions of "Kennel Cough" & "Reverse Sneezing".
- Pets are more recognizable than their owners.
- When dining and find hair in your food-You just pull it out and keep on eating.
- The first thing you wonder when opening up a big cat abscess is, "Do we have any Ritz Crackers?
- You hack up hairballs and self-medicate with Laxatone.
- When you are the first one in the hospital and don't notice the smell.
- You start to actually like the smell of anal glands.
- You play connect the dots with all your scars and bite wounds.
- When normal people won't eat meals with you or won't allow you talk about your work while they eat.
- You get the flu and begin to empathize with the Parvo dogs.
- Your paycheck barely covers your food bill.
- If you've ever picked up dog poop with your bare hands.
- You can put a muzzle on with one hand.
- You know the term pink juice doesn't mean Kool Aid.
- You get a rash from just looking at a Shar Pei.
- You can tear bloody adhesive tape.